Green & Environmental Initiatives
ShockWatch is dedicated to helping deter damages — not just to your products in transit and storage, but also to the natural environment. In the most basic sense, our condition-based monitors help keep damaged goods out of landfills. But our commitment to environmental preservation goes much deeper. Preserving the environment is a priority we know we share with many of our customers. We drive energy efficiencies that help us to control costs. We take steps to minimize our carbon footprint in order to be a provider you can feel good about choosing. And we invite you to share in our effort.
All of our shipping and handling products show evidence of our attention to environmental impact. We consider every aspect of product design and performance, from the materials we choose to the disposal of used packaging materials. Our product line features:
- 20% reclaimed polystyrene used in manufacturing TiltWatch® tilt indicating products
- Exceptional durability, allowing for repeat use of many products
- Reclaimed / post-consumer paper for packing materials
- Raw materials procured through RoHS, Green, and REACH policies
Our facility is designed for optimal energy efficiency, both on the plant floor and in the offices. The building features:
- Programmable thermostats
- Enhanced insulation
- Automated lighting
- Energy-efficient Kaeser air compressors, dryers, and Roots blowers
- Shared network printing
- 5S program for lean manufacturing
- New low-waste pad printing process with better equipment, inks, thinner, and waste reclaim process
- Water filtration system, instead of purchased bottled water
At ShockWatch, we’re always looking for opportunities to increase our energy efficiency and reduce our carbon footprint. Our plans for further development include:
- Utilizing more post-consumer and industrial waste
- Optimizing raw materials during plastic injection molding
- Working with vendors to ensure compliance with EU directives and green procurement practices
- Reducing acetone usage
- Recycling of corrugated products, aluminum cans, office paper, and electronic products
- Increased use of electronic and video communications
- Adding insulation to warehouse rollup doors and optimizing automatic door closures
- Old unit refurbishment and recyling
California Proposition 65 Labeling Requirements – Tube Based Products
The California Environmental Protection Agency (Cal/EPA) has published a list of chemicals known to cause cancer or birth defects. Proposition 65 requires that products containing these chemicals bear a label alerting recipients of this presence.
ShockWatch tube-based impact indicators (tubes, Flex, clips and labels) contains Ethylene Glycol which is on the Prop 65 list. The label is required on products that may ship into the State of California. ShockWatch is adding this label to all shipments bound for the United States and Canada.
ShockWatch tube-based impact indicators remains ROHS2 and REACH compliant.
Material declarations for the ShockWatch label, Flex, clips and tubes and/or a safety data sheet (SDS) for Ethylene Glycol are available upon request.